Tuesday, March 31, 2009

What I Would Rather Be Doing...

If I had my druthers today I wouldn't worry about paying bills. I wouldn't fret over the laundry that needs doing, the papers that need sorting, or even the gardening ahead of me. I wouldn't think about the organizing I should be doing, or the meals I should be planning, or piano teaching I need to get ready for. I would read. And I would have plenty of money to buy some of the books that I don't have and really want to have. And I would have a sunny, warm day (about 70 F) to sit someplace and read while my children play cheerfully outside. So, if I were reading, here is what I would read:

The fourth Fablehaven book by Brandon Mull. It came out last Tuesday and I don't have it yet. Boo hoo.

All of the Schlock Mercenary books by my good friend Howard Tayler. He publishes an online daily comic that I follow faithfully, and he's published several collections. The latest one just became available to order last Friday. I want. I want. I want!

Whatever Shannon Hale book I haven't read yet. I know there are several, like The Princess Academy.

Maybe I would also reread stuff. Like all of the Harry Potters (I've only read the last one once). And I would reread the Anne McCaffrey Pern series books.

Any recommendations?

Oh, yeah. The Almost Daily Ag Report. Well, I think we've capped our pepper sprouts at 32. No signs of anything new. Maybe today, since I won't get to read all day, I'll go poke some new seeds in whatever is devoid of plant life.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I think that sounds like a perfectly wonderful way to spend your day. Have you read "The City of Ember?" I think you might like it.

Kara said...

I will always love the Anne of Green Gable series, so nice...nostalgic!