Friday, March 13, 2009

Boundless Joy

I love picking up my youngest child from school. As I approach the intersection by the school I often see L. standing on the corner of the building watching for me. As soon as he catches sight of me he starts jumping up and down, waving his backpack or his arms or his coat. He acts like he hasn't seen me for weeks. When I pull closer to him he always has the biggest grin on his face. I have to drive pretty slowly when I get close, though, because he comes running out to the car to jump in. How can I continue having a bad day with boundless joy like that waiting to greet me?

Almost Daily Ag Report

Speaking of being giddy with excitement (are we ever giddy with anything else?) I now have 10 Viva Italia Tomato sprouts and 3 Carnival Mix Pepper sprouts! It's so exciting to see those little hairpins of pale green poking up through the soil. Only half of my dahlias have sprouted, though, so I'm thinking about stuffing a different seed down into the ones that aren't doing anything. I'll post pictures of my babies soon.

4 comments:

Kara said...

Oh, so sweet. I hope he never stops doing that!

Sherie Christensen said...

I liked reading about L. and the school pick up. That's why it's hard to know they're growing up. The bigger stages are fun too though. I'm always so impressed with you and your enthusiasm and sticktoitiveness about gardening. Hooray for you.

Sherie Christensen said...

Wow, you've been doing a great job of writing. I just went back and read about all of your scary can't find the kid(s) stories and the other ones too. I liked reading them all and I'd better start practicing those numbers with my youngsters!

Kobe Family said...

you need to do a girls night on how to so starts. I tried to do my own starts last year and failed miserably. They all came up scrawny and didn't go anywhere. I need help!