I decided to get serious about starting some new seeds today. Rather than starting them in completely new pots or milk jugs, I took some older seeds and stuffed them into pots that hadn't produced anything. I'm trying some Lilliput Zinnias (2006), common thyme (2004), Crego mixed colors Asters (2006), and some Bells of Ireland seed that I bought this year. In the process of digging around in previously-planted pots I discovered one more pepper seedling, so that brings my total to 33. I have given up on all the others, so hopefully the new tenants will show something in the next two weeks. Oh, and I also planted a little bit of coleus (the foliage with wild colors on it).
In gathering the seeds together this year I have discovered just how many seed packets I have purchased in the past and just didn't get planted. Well, everything (or as much of it as I can) is going in the ground somewhere this year, whether or not it goes into an actual garden spot. We might have corn (there are at least five or six packets of various types), peas (three or four packets of a couple different kinds), and beans (at least three different kinds) in our flowerbeds. The cucumbers and squash are going to have to go somewhere too. All of this comes out of my grand visions of bottled pickles, corn, and beans; loads of jam and applesauce; and a sane brain after I'm all through. Right.
1 comment:
You make me want to start planting now too.
Post a Comment