I opened the garage door yesterday morning to let Luna, our cat, into the house for breakfast. Usually she is pushing her head through the door crack before I can even get it all the way open, meowing as she comes. Yesterday, however, she wasn't there. I knew she was in the garage so I opened the door all the way and looked down into her kitty bed to discover she had company. Three tiny, wet, dark kittens were nestled against her. She must have had them just within the past hour of my opening the door. They've cleaned up nicely, and we can now see they are mostly orange with white marks. We joke about them being little rats, and it's not hard to see why, size-wise! We couldn't resist just sitting on the steps in the garage and watching mama and babies throughout the whole day. Whenever I couldn't find one of the kids anywhere else, I could find them there.
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Welcome to the Family!
I opened the garage door yesterday morning to let Luna, our cat, into the house for breakfast. Usually she is pushing her head through the door crack before I can even get it all the way open, meowing as she comes. Yesterday, however, she wasn't there. I knew she was in the garage so I opened the door all the way and looked down into her kitty bed to discover she had company. Three tiny, wet, dark kittens were nestled against her. She must have had them just within the past hour of my opening the door. They've cleaned up nicely, and we can now see they are mostly orange with white marks. We joke about them being little rats, and it's not hard to see why, size-wise! We couldn't resist just sitting on the steps in the garage and watching mama and babies throughout the whole day. Whenever I couldn't find one of the kids anywhere else, I could find them there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
This happened to us just 2 weeks ago! Their mother was so doting on them and they were loving life until she up and decided that the mothering thing just wasn't for her and disappeared! She's been gone for four days now and can I just say that baby kittens are hard to take care of. Did you know they make kitten formula?!?!?
Sooooo cute, my favorite kitten color! Can we come play soon?
Post a Comment