I have a basic pancake recipe that I experiment with from time to time. Here's the latest incarnation. It'll give you enough oomph to get going for the day, plus make you feel like you've treated yourself:
Banana Nut Pancakes
3 bananas, mashed thoroughly
2 eggs
2 cups buttermilk
1 tsp each: salt, baking soda, baking powder
1/4 cup sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup chopped pecans (I like these best, but you can use walnuts too; you can also use more nuts if you like. I'm just guessing at how much I put in. I like lots of nuts)
Blend all ingredients thoroughly. Pour batter circles on hot, greased griddle (I use bacon grease) and cook until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes on a 375 degree griddle. Flip and browning. Now here is where it gets really good: spread a thin layer of creamy peanut butter over a pancake and drizzle with maple syrup. Makes approximately 15-20 pancakes, depending on how big you pour your batter circles. And if you're feeling really decadent, poke some semi-sweet chocolate chips into your batter circles before you flip them.
Now I'm off to dig stuff in my garden. And work on sprinklers, maybe.
1 comment:
It's been awhile since I've visited my favorite blogs. Yours has been so fun to catch up on, and such pretty photos to enjoy.Thanks for the treat.
Post a Comment