Sunday, April 26, 2009

I wish I were in...

I love this time of year. It's the only time of year here where I can imagine I'm in Wales. Everything in my yard is greening up. The tulips and daffodils have started blooming. And we've been getting quite a lot of rain (and 6 inches of snow last week!). Although it's wet and chilly, I don't mind. I know the scorching, arid, khaki days of July and August are coming soon enough. And since I'll never be able to grow an English garden here I'll take what I can get now:



I have to admit, however, that we've imported one thing from the British Isles that does very well here: sheep dog trials. We love going to Soldier Hollow on Labor Day weekend to watch these amazing dogs work with their handlers herding sometimes bellicose sheep where they don't necessarily want to go. And in the spirit of that, go here for a clip of some amazing high-tech sheepherding from Wales. It's awesome.

2 comments:

Amy said...

beautiful garden! I wish I was as handy in the yard!

Susan said...

Beautiful garden. I love the springtime with its beautiful flowers.