Monday, April 6, 2009

Monday Morning Ag Report

Seeds are amazing. Even if they are old. They are full of endless possibility. They are the ultimate expression of Optimism. Here is what the Kitchen Nursery currently looks like:

It takes over the kitchen table during the day, plus a chair or two right in front of the doors (which remain locked and children are not allowed to go in or out while my babies are incubating). I only clear them off and put them on my counters during dinner and nighttime. Who cares if there isn't any room to prepare food on the counters? Okay, well, I do care, but this is only temporary until these little guys are big enough to start being hardened off for handling the outdoors...and of course when it's finally warm enough to start doing that to them. Still too chilly for now.

And remember those asters and zinnias that I decided to put in? Well, they've already sprouted! You can seem them in the cells that have a masking tape-topped toothpick to indicate what seeds got planted there. I think these are zinnias in with the peppers.


And my peas have sprouted. Yippee! Now if I can just keep the chickens out of them...

1 comment:

Amy said...

I'm so impressed with your abilities! I wish I had even 1/10th of your knowledge!