Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Thirty Seconds of Fame

Our local classical music radio station, Classical 89, is participating in the national My Source For advertising campaign for public radio stations. We happen to know the midday broadcaster, Rosie. She invited Justin and me down to the tv station studios yesterday to be a part of this campaign for Classical 89. I got there before Justin did, and Rosie and the program director sat me down on a tall stool in front of a living room type of set. I didn't realize at first the camera was already rolling as Rosie started talking with me about why I listen to Classical 89. Yikes! She also got me to talk a little about why we watch KBYU Television. There was particular tag line I was supposed say that included my reason for listening/watching, and I did just fine with the one for the radio station, but I hadn't thought much about why we watch tv ... mostly because I just don't watch television that much. I only watch if someone else is watching and it's the end of the day and the kids are in bed and I'm too tired to be "doing" anymore. But we came up with something for me to say and I had to redo the take several times, as I was starting to get a little giggly over having to do it over. Justin got there just after I finished and his went very quickly. Rosie and Mr. Anderson told us that James Arrington had been in earlier in the day to record some spots, and he did one as Brigham Young, and several as characters from his Farley Family Reunion show. If you've never had the chance to see him do Aunt Pearl or some of his other characters, it's just a riot.

These spots will air on KBYU Television in a few weeks, after they go through an editing process. I don't know if mine will ever actually be shown, but it was a fun experience yesterday. And I got to walk around campus afterwards with Justin...cool, green, fresh-rain smell. Mmmm.

3 comments:

Anna said...

that's pretty neat, anna. our family is full of STARS! hmm... wonder if i will ever get 30 seconds of fame? :)

Lauri said...

Wow, and to think I knew you when!

Amy said...

I am anxiously waiting to see you on KBYU!