Thursday, August 21, 2008

Happy Anniversary to me!

It's our 15th anniversary today. We're so romantic that we're going to spend it going to Back-to-School Night for the younger three kids. When the whole family is involved in school, including your spouse, that makes it kind of sad to have a week-night/school-night anniversary. I'm trying to think of something fun to liven things up a bit to at least note the date for today. We'll plan something more interesting for another night.

Also, I've been watching the Olympics every night. Did you catch the gold medal women's beach volleyball final last night? I couldn't believe the officials insisted the game go on in the pouring rain! Everyone in the stands had slickers and umbrellas. I guess I can't feel too sorry for women who insists on playing in what amounts to little more than bandaids, though. Both sets were very exciting to watch, and hotly contested. And we won! Woohoo!

The kids seem to be settling into school well. B. had a rocky first day (a rude girl in her class, splattering her Go-Gurt all over her clothes and then not getting to eat the rest of her lunch, finding out that her best friend won't be going to her school after all), but things have improved over the week. The rude girl has become a friend, and she's making other friends in the class too. She's needing to learn how to avoid letting others boss her around. It makes her mad, but she lets herself be bossed anyway. We had a talk about what to say in those situations so she doesn't have to feel bossed. The boys are doing well. O. seems like 7th grade and is making the adjustment to taking more responsibility for his homework and stuff. E. is having a great time in 4th grade, and L. couldn't wait to get down the hall for his class on the first day.

1 comment:

Sherie Christensen said...

I hope you really do find a way to celebrate your anniversary Anna. 15 years is worth a wahoo! sometime. Of course, it will be better if J. celebrates with you! I'm glad the kids are adjusting. I hope things just get better and better. You're great!