Monday, August 18, 2008
Changing Stuff
Well, I'm in the process of figuring out a few things about my blog layout. I figured out today how to widen the two columns. I haven't figured out how to widen the background to match the new size. Hmmm. I'm reading up on HTML as I do this. And this for more than just casual goofing around because I don't have to battle with my children for the computer. I'm also responsible for the content on my music teacher association state website in which I have to employ a fair amount of HTML in order to make the text look right and interesting. Doing this blog has been great for figuring out how to do things there, although it's not exactly an Ender's Game level of significance. I'm not saving the world here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I just caught up on your blog. You should come over when you are lonely! I'm here and usually a few kids too and you'll be happy, after a while, to get to your peaceful house. Kayli is sick today though. I hope you are adjusting to having everyone gone!
how did you widen the columns?! i've been trying to figure that out since i started blogging! please do share!
Okay, I kind of stumbled my way through this and experimented a little before saving it. Go to the "edit HTML" tab on the page where you can customize your blog. It'll open a window that shows a whole bunch of stuff that looks like English, but is kind of hard to understand. At the top is an option to save a current copy of your layout/blog to your hard disk. Do that, in case you make a really big mistake.
Scroll down through the text until you come to something that says: /* Layout
Underneath that you'll see something that says "outer wrapper." A few lines later it says "width" and a number. That number changes the width. A higher number is wider. There are two more places to change the width, and they all have to match numbers. The next one is under "main-top" and the last one is under "main-bot". That's as far as I've gotten in making things wider. Look for stuff that indicates width or margins. If you like what you've changed, then go ahead and save it.
Post a Comment