Well, my oldest is at Scout Camp by now. There were numerous last-minute details -- Justin wanted to be sure O. had the right tackle for his rods and that O. would know how to use what he had; I managed to FINALLY find O.'s medical release form. I've been looking for it casually for days and actively all afternoon and evening yesterday. More than one prayer was said over this because I didn't want my son to get out to the camp, hours and hours away, and be told he couldn't do anything because his mother misplaced a stupid piece of paper. My contingency plan was a filled-out adult medical release and a photocopy of the doctor office bill itemizing what we were being billed for. I figured if the Scouts could at least SEE that O. had gone, had been properly poked and prodded and stuck with needles that they couldn't argue with his health. As I was giving up all hope of finding the original doctor-signed form, Justin asked me if I had checked the car. Well, the van had been cleaned out, and I half-heartedly checked our sedan. Lo and Behold (push play on "angels singing from heaven" here), in the piles of papers in the back seat, the Errant Paperwork appeared. Phew!
Anyway, after about forty minutes of horsing around in the church parking lot around 5 a.m., the Scouts had a prayer before stuffing themselves into two SUV's and heading off into the dawn. I didn't actually cry or anything, but I've felt a little sniffly whenever I think about it this morning. So I'm busying myself with paperwork and planning for our Shakespeare Festival trip coming up.
1 comment:
Hi. I'm glad you survived your first time of having O off scouting. Thanks for walking with me this morning (being way after you posted this one). See you.
Post a Comment