I'm also going to update my latest project in a bit...after I take a few pics to show off!
Friday, June 6, 2008
Book Recommendation
I haven't actually finished this book yet, but I have been enjoying it so much that I wanted to pass on the suggestion. The book is called Ladies of Liberty and it's about the women involved in the John Adams presidency down through ... James Madison, I think. It's fascinating to read about historical events from the women's perspectives, and from the men writing to these women. I have also found it interesting to see how much influence many of these women wielded (welt?), considering they had no property, voting, or inheritance rights. It's been a great read so far, and a good one considering my season of life. I have to read books that I can pick up and put down without losing the thread of the story in between readings. I don't have the luxury of unlimited time to read for hours at a time. The book is by Cokie Roberts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment