Thursday, February 5, 2009

Twenty-Five Random Things

Okay, so everyone seems to be doing these posts on their Facebook pages listing 25 random things about them that others may or may not know about them. There's supposed to be some introductory paragraph to copy and paste into yours and then you get to "tag" other people so they will have to do the same list (in other words, spend more time on their computers to keep up with everyone else). Well, rather than the copied paragraph, you now have a different, and if you feel so inspired to create your own list of 25 things...do it!

1.I've always dreamed of being in the Tabernacle Choir.
2. And playing on the Tabernacle organ (when no one else is around of course. I would love to play some "Phantom of the Opera" on there...which does sound pretty cool on a regular church organ...when no one else is there of course).
3. I appreciate a clean, well-kept house, but I dislike housework. A lot.
4. I played Dungeons and Dragons through high school.
5. I "starred" in a music video in college with/for a boyfriend for a class project of his. It was a lot of fun.
6. I cleaned bathrooms for two summers' jobs, and would take the job again in a heartbeat. While the compensation may not have been enough to put me on the Forbes list, the surroundings were incredible: it was a summer camp on the backside of Timpanogos.
7. I've gotten soaked in the rain in the Lake District in England.
8. I hate paying someone else to repair or replace something. That means I've fixed our computers and created our home network, installed a dishwasher and a new kitchen faucet, and figured out how to replace the headlight bulbs in my van. If I could figure out how to install a false floor in my family room I would try it.
9. I still have nearly all of my ballroom dance shoes from college. And many of my workout leggings and leotards. Not that they fit.
10. I'm hooked on playing Scramble, enough so that recently in church I made my own 5x5 grid of letters to find words in. I catch myself thinking of words to watch for the next time I'm playing on the computer.
11. I love baking (and eating) breads.
12. I will try just about anything once. The exception to this was chicken foot soup in Taiwan. It had real chicken feet in it.
13. I sat among the rocks at Shepherds Fields and listened to gunfire in Bethlehem during the first intifada.
14. The only flowering houseplant I've been able to keep alive is my phaelenopsis. Boston ferns don't have a chance at my house.
15. I love reading mysteries.
16. I love watching British comedies.
17. I once went to D.C. for 48 hours just to see two plays done by the Royal Shakespeare Company on tour there: Taming of the Shrew and The Tamer Tamed.
18. I kept a pet tarantula for 8 years. She only bit me once (it was my fault).
19. My cat has 7 toes on her front right paw and 6 toes on her front left paw. This didn't help her catch our gerbil she managed to set free.
20. I have fired a 9mm, 12-gauge shotgun, 38 special, 22 revolver and rifle, and M-16, and a 410 rifle. I love target practice!
21. I've rear-ended my dad while driving in Provo during BYU football game traffic.
22. The only place I have ever lost my sense of direction was in Taiwan and China because I couldn't read the signs on the buildings and streets.
23. I've never been hospitalized except for having babies.
24. My children and I were all born in the same hospital.
25. If I could be any superhero I would be ElastiGirl. It's what moms feel like anyway!

3 comments:

Karli said...

i LOVED your 25 random things. I really don't like tags but I'm so glad you posted yours here. What a great memory for your children.

Anna said...

that was so fun to read about, anna! you are such a colorful and experienced woman!
ps, i've also dreamed about playing phantom on the tabrenacle choir organ. if you ever get the chance can i tag along? :)

Lauri said...

Wow. That was some fun to read.