I've noticed myself feeling rather testy lately. Sadly, I think my children would concur, and even my husband has commented on my moods of late. This is my least favorite time of year, frankly. The excitement and anticipation of the holidays are gone. The snow melts some and looks dirty and we get brown-grey inversions, which makes the air oh-so-lovely. And it stays cold. My hands and feet don't seem to warm up, so my kids tease me about going around with multiple layers, or huddling next to a space heater. I even have a hot pad in my bed (in between layers of goose down duvets) to warm up my sad little tootsies at the end of the day.
As I've thought about it, I have come to the conclusion that Punxsatawny Phil had better be wrong and there had better not be six more weeks of winter. I would appreciate some lovely 50 degree weather for several days, thank you. My garage needs cleaning out! I need to spend some time outside in the sunshine! I haven't even visited our four buff orpingtons in the back yard because there's too much snow out there and it's just too cold! I think I was meant to live someplace warm, somewhat humid (of course, just about any place but the Gobi Desert is more humid than here), and with sunny skies. I think I need to breathe air that hasn't been cycled through a furnace and dried out. I drove past a nursery today with a friend and we decided we are ready for haunting our yards to find the first sprigs of tulips, crocus, and daffodils. We are ready to dig in the dirt and start seeds for things that may or may not grow. Bring on Spring!
3 comments:
You're lucky. I'm pretty sure we are going to have at least 12 more weeks of winter!!!
And Uncle Justin wonders why I'm not pressing for a year-round move to Canada!
I hear you. But isn't this traditionally the time you and I start The Big Plan? You know, raspberries, what to plant, do we replace the chickens etc, Think on that - and hooolllld on! Oh, and sprout a little wheat grass, it'll do your green-lovin' heart good. And if it doesn't, you can eat it and do your warm-lovin' body some good. Or put on Pride and Prejudice and appreciate NOT having to work outside yet.
Post a Comment