I spent my afternoon getting seeds planted. If the planets align, the sun shines, and I remember water these little things, we will have 21 Viva Italia Roma tomato plants, 44 Pepper plants (Carnival Mix -- red, yellow, white, orange, and purple...weird, huh!), 24 thunbergia (these cheery yellow/orange flowered vines), and uncountable alyssum and snap dragon plants (seeds too small to count). Oh, and a bunch of dwarf dahlias. Hmm. Now I have to find space for them in sunny spots. And I'm not done with plantings seeds. I'm supposed to be starting some leeks too. Anyone out there ever tried leeks? Me neither. And I think I might be willing to share some of these plants if they all actually germinate. I doubt I will need 44 pepper plants and 21 tomato plants. I'd be canning until New Year's Day.
Oh, and if you're reading this today, Saturday, you have two more hours to go help my neice beat her husband in a visitors contest. She has tons of fun ideas for crafty things and recipes, and she takes cute pictures of her kids to boot. Her blog is listed at the right -- Karli H. Even if you don't get there today, it's still a fun place to visit, and she has a lot of interesting links to other places.
3 comments:
Thanks for the plug!
Can't wait to see your yard/garden this year.
Anna, I need some serious gardening help. I would love any leftover veggies or flower starts you have. I'll talk to you soon about all I need to be doing now. You are the gardening queen!
Post a Comment