Friday, February 6, 2009

Miscellany

First of all, I'm going to have to bug my nieces about how to post pictures and get the words all on the same post and looking spiffy. Kara, Karli -- HELP! I have a couple of pictures to share, on completely unrelated topics!

First up, a very wonderful someone sent me flowers this week. I weeded out the usual suspects, and no one will admit to sending me these gorgeous, cheery flowers! I've never been sent flowers before. They were delivered on Tuesday afternoon just as I was expecting my first piano student of the afternoon. When one of my children brought this tall rectangle box into the kitchen I thought I would pop with excitement. I love sunflowers. They're called "sun"flowers for a good reason. They've been lighting up the kitchen all week. So if you are the person who sent them...THANK YOU! You know who you are and you will never know how much they brightened things up for me.


The next picture shows off our Chinese finery as we celebrate the first full day of Chinese New Year. In China this holiday is the family equivalent of Christmas and many families gather with extended family for visiting and lots of eating. And more eating. I learned the big night is the eve of the holiday, and while we didn't make such a big deal on Sunday evening (Jan. 26), I tried to make up for it on Monday evening (Jan. 27). We all wore our special outfits that Pengbo brought for us and we put a tablecloth on the table and had a nice dinner. This is a holiday that lasts for fifteen days. It concludes this coming Sunday with the Lantern Festival. I'm planning on hanging up some fun lights in the kitchen and maybe even attempting to cook some Chinese food.


Pengbo and I have on matching vests. The collar and arms are fur-lined. My days of having the kind of figure that looks good in sleek Chinese lines are rather behind me. I think I work better in the Rubens period. The outfit that Pengbo originally brought for O. didn't come close to fitting him. Her mother generously sent him a new top in black and red, his favorite colors. L., in blue, has worn his top to church a couple of times.

3 comments:

Anna said...

I love those! i think you look stunning and have a fabulous figure, Anna! How fun.

Karli said...

What beautiful flowers. Just in case you weren't sure, those flowers aren't from me :) But congrats on getting them! And the secret to photos in your posts is.... wait for it... cut and paste baby. Cut and paste.

Jana Jensen said...

Are my eyes deceiving me or are your boys taller than you. I would love my boys to met yours soon. I agree with Annaleigh, you look great. Hi to JK for me.