Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Ah, Summer?

I had grand intentions of a full day of yard work on Memorial Day yesterday. Mother Nature laughed at me by making it rain when I had intended to get up for an early start. I love that we have practically broad daylight around 6 a.m. Well, since I was foiled I had to settle for working on laundry (eww). Once the weather slowed down to a chilly breeze and the occasional droplet I marched outside to tackle a few projects. My lawn now has a trimmed edge; there's a new tire on my wheelbarrow (did you know it's very hard to find wheelbarrow tires? That fit?); and I dug up a few weeds. Ha. Take that Yard. I also discovered, into my shopping for gardening tools foray, that WalMart does not carry dandelion diggers. That's terrible! It's my favorite garden tool, aside from my shovel. Anyway, I must venture further afield to track down a couple. My kids are losing my tools right and left. Somehow I have to booby-trap the new ones or install GPS tracking devices on them so I can find them. Perhaps they're somewhere in the black hole known as my garage...

Well, summer is here for my kids. They're bored stiff since the neighborhood kids don't get out until a little later this week. That's alright, though. That means we can get a jumpstart on summer piano lessons. I'm determine to have all of the kids through at least one method level by summer's end. And since we're staying closer to home, thanks to gas prices, I'm optimistic that daily piano practice is really going to happen. And yes, I'm shoving the Reality Voice to the back of my head where I can only hear it whisper, "Yeah, right. Whatever. Snigger."

2 comments:

Anna said...

you are one of the most ambitious people i know, anna! i hope i can have that much gumption and energy when i'm a busy and wonderful mom like you! i didn't know that you nailed a deer on the way home from my wedding - so sorry! thanks for coming and making that sacrifice though!!! :)

Sherie Christensen said...

There aren't enough GPS tracking devices in the world to keep track of all of the things I misplace -- or that get misplaced for me. I'm impressed that you decided to work for Memorial day. It was a party with the relatives day for us which was nice. Good luck with those piano lessons. I'm trying not to expect too much of summer because then I'll be pleasantly surprised.