Good news. I figured out how to set my "settings" so anyone can post a comment. You don't have to have a gmail account or yahoo account any more to do this. Please keep any flamethrowers turned off.
I realized yesterday that my students will be having their spring recital in about a month. This is fine, except that I had also planned for all of them to play a duet with a partner at said recital. Those weren't even a twinkle in my eye yesterday morning. I stopped ironing a shirt mid-iron when I realized that my only opportunity to go to the music store was immediately because I also was on carpool duty. The shirt got left half-done on the ironing board in the kitchen and I spent twenty minutes playing through as much duet music as I could get my hands on at the music store before dashing off to pick up children. I think this morning I have it all worked out as to who is going to play with whom (I hope the sibling pairings will be fine!) and what each pair will play. I like all of the music that I chose for my students...I hope they like it too. There was an added urgency to get this done because I'm not teaching lessons next week thanks to spring break for my kids, and I'm going to definitely spend as much time as possible working and playing with them next week (and hopefully more playing than working!). Zoo anyone?
Also, the spring yardwork bug bit me. I spent some time pruning a butterfly bush that suffered some pretty heavy snow damage. I had resisted pruning it much last year because I liked how big it was getting and I liked the shade it offered my porch. However, the bare branches collected too much snow and some of the biggest ones partially snapped. So, my inner gardener took over and hopefully it will grow with a somewhat pleasing shape this year. The peach trees are calling me next...I think I'll head out there this afternoon.
1 comment:
I wish our spring breaks were the same. I'm hoping for a zoo trip too.
Post a Comment