Monday, March 17, 2008

It's a Monday...

It was one of those mornings that started out with the best of intentions -- get the husband up and out the door; get the kids up and going so I could take them to school 25 minutes away...I was going to be so on-the-ball today and get my List well under way. That faded when the 6-year-old took over half an hour to get ready. When I finally went to see for myself what was going on (hollering up the stairs just doesn't get the job done), I found him still in his pajamas, sucking on his fingers. His explanation for not even being close to dressed? "I couldn't find any pants." Of course, this means that he couldn't begin to put anything else on either, so I started snatching things out of drawers in exasperation, exclaiming with a little more heat than was really warranted that if he needed pants he needed to come ASK me, not just sit on his bedroom floor. Kids are awfully forgiving, though, and by the time we were scrambling into the van he wanted to give me a hug and kiss before we left so I would be sure to not miss it when I dropped them off. Sigh.

On the way home I suddenly remembered that I was supposed to bring Jello jigglers to the kindergarten class today for their St. Patrick's Day activities. I reminded myself several times to stop at the grocery store to pick up a large box of jello, assuming one was all I would need. I naturally drove right past the grocery store and forget until I was practically to my neighborhood. That meant turning around and dashing back to the store and picked up one large box of lime jello. Once I got home and checked for recipes on the internet (no recipe on the box), I discovered one needs either FOUR small boxes or TWO large boxes of jello for this recipe. Sigh again. Well, the kindergarten is going to have to make do with one jiggler batch being on the thin side...because I also get to stop by the costume shop on the way back into school in order to pick up something that resembles a man's Renaissance outfit so my oldest son can dress up as Sir Francis Drake for his class's wax museum activity today. I'm also running crowd control -- gotta watch out for curious first-graders poking the "wax" figures I guess! Then there are the three hours of piano lessons I'm teaching this afternoon....AAAhhhhh. What was it I thought I was going to get done at home today?

1 comment:

Sherie Christensen said...

Hang in there! It sounds like you will deserve an extra hour or two of sleep by the end of the day. I'm glad you decided to create a blog.