Thursday, July 18, 2013

I Saw the Sign

On my trip to Washington we started capturing photos of interesting signs, or writing down funny sayings we found on cards or signs in shops. 

This is actually a sign for a big band concert. The happy mood above...

... and the cranky mood! Chittenden Locks, Seattle.
In Port Townsend we found a shop dedicated to writers. Sadly it was closed, so we had to enjoy the fun through the glass.
This has been floating around the internet for a while.

The third tee shirt says, "REVISE. You know you want to."


On a mug. 


This sign was up at Hurricane Ridge to warn hikers and backpackers to discourage mountain goat contact with or interest in humans. The recommendation half way down the page regarding, how to say this delicately, where to pee was the strangest thing I've seen.

The interest in unusual signs continued into our trip to Juneau. This sign is downtown. I guess you really should park there.

These are two Native American tribes in Southeast Alaska. I loved the figures on the sign.

Sign found in the outdoor seating area of The Hot Bite, a local fast food joint popular with the locals. 

At Mendenhall Glacier, on a park bench. There were other signs that clarified that even the water had to be unflavored  in order to be consumed outdoors. 

Warning on a door near the apartment we stayed in.

We saw several signs with these zip tie bristles on them.


Tee shirt in a tourist shop window.



On a truck in a dock parking lot

This is on a building at the Fisherman's Bend parking lot. Wonder who Gramma Reid is?
I saw one more bumper sticker on a pick-up truck in the WalMart parking lot in favor of building a road from Skagway to Juneau (currently there are no roads leading into Juneau. You take a ferry or an airplane to get in). I would have posted that picture too, but when I looked closely at the photo at home there was another bumper sticker with some coarse language that didn't need sharing.

What funny signs have you seen?

No comments: