Monday, October 4, 2010

Has It Really Been That Long? Yup.

What a crazy long month. Not long after my last post I tripped off to London with my parents and sisters. "Tripping off to London" makes it sound like I just grabbed my ready-packed suitcase and passport and flitted off into the sunset. If only it were that easy. Somehow when Mom leaves the house in the hands of others, there is a lot to do! I think I left a handbook for my oldest child to refer to for meals, assistance from neighbors, and jobs to do while I was gone. I can't believe I thought the kids would do jobs while I was gone. It's either optimism or delusion. Or both. In any case, I will be posting pictures from my trip in categories, but I have to wait to do it from my desktop because this little laptop doesn't have the memory for pictures!

And there's been harvesting produce galore. My early peach tree ripened and dropped three-fourths of its fruit while I was gone, and I came home to tomatoes and green beans and corn ready RIGHT THIS MINUTE. Sadly, I couldn't get to it all soon enough. I sent the green beans packing to another family who came and picked them up. The tomatoes I took care of, but the corn had to wait a little long. Next year I think I will pay closer attention to how close the plants should be according to the packaging. And then there are the peaches and grapes I picked at my mother's house. So now we've turned to jelly and jam. And that's why I haven't been posting! But I'm back now, with lots to say. Stay tuned.

No comments: