It's the end of January. For me this means it's time to start thinking about my garden and what to start early in my kitchen. I'm thinking I'm going to do the carnival mix of peppers again. They were so fun, especially the purple ones. Because the red and yellow and orange ones took soooo long to finally come on, I'm going to be starting the seeds a month earlier. That means next week! Yikes! I also really like the tomato variety I used: Viva Italia. Those seeds can wait for a bit. I think I will also buy another Celebrity tomato plant. Good flavor, big fruit, and plentiful harvest. My mother left me some seeds that I'm excited to try, especially some lettuces. That makes me feel like I'm planting Mr. McGregor's garden. I don't think I will have problems with Peter Rabbit, however. Not when I have Luna, Snowshoe, and Ginger (well, maybe not Ginger...she's a tubby tabby) on the prowl. Speaking of spring and cats, I have two that need some snip snip snipping. Soon.
The end of January also gets me thinking about spring and summer projects. Now that I'm a confessed Twilight saga junkie (yes, it's true), I'm already planning for the summer movie release of Eclipse. I would love to host a release party and make some fun goodies to put in swag bags for my friends. My youngest sister is my partner-in-crime-I-mean-planning, and we're coming up with some fun ideas. Once I actually get into making some of them I will post some pictures. We're going for classy and subtle, rather than blatant and over-the-top.
And finally, I'm in the cooking blahs of winter. It's time to get some new recipes. And on that score I have a terrific new website I discovered through my mom, who loves trying new cooking things too. It's a website dedicated to sharing a new recipe each weekday by a woman who loves cooking. The recipes aren't difficult, but most of the ones I have looked at make my mouth water! I highly recommend you check out the Real Mom Kitchen here. And I'm adding it to my favorite websites at the right.
2 comments:
Thanks for the updates Anna. I love to hear about what's going on in other family members' lives. You've inspired me to start thinking about my garden. I've never had one until this year and the garden plot is a big one so I might just use half of it this year but I'll do something at least. You may have to be my gardening guru go to. :)
I was just thinking about what to plant! Travis has worked himself to the bone on the garden, but I need to take over most of it this year so he can spend time on other projects. Daunting! I want to start seeds indoors, but I have cats too. I think I'll have to put them way up high and hope for the best. And I'm trying to talk him into chickens and bees. He's not buying it yet :)
Post a Comment