Sunday, April 7, 2013

Spring Break

I don't have any pictures to share for our Spring Break...Owen took my camera with him to California and his school orchestra/choir trip. They had a blast. But here's what we did:

Monday:  Stayed in our pj's and watched movies, eating junk food. We watched The Avengers (hadn't seen it yet, loved it) and The Hobbit.  Actually, I did get dressed to run to IFA because our chickens were out of food.

Tuesday:  Took Bronwyn to the orthodontist to fix a plastic band thing that had come off its bracket. DIY orthodontistry is not recommended.  Met my nephew from Washington at the music store to talk music.

Wednesday:  We worked in the yard all day. My sister-in-law Keli came to help out. So amazing to have another cheery adult to keep the kids going. We cleaned out garden boxes, dug mallow out all over, built a brick path around the outside perimeter of the chicken coop, and started cleaning out the raspberries. Next time I'm wearing long sleeves! Evan and Liam put the trampoline mat back on.

Thursday:  Hauled loads and loads of compost to the garden. Four cubic feet is a lot of compost! Met Justin in Provo Canyon for a picnic lunch and some fly fishing practice. Added to my already pinked-up arms and face. Better get with the sunscreen!

Friday:  Hauling more compost. We all went to go see Life of Pi at our closest $3 movie house. Loved it. Now the kids are calling our cat "Richard Parker." 

Saturday:  Tried my first serious running to get in shape for the Dirty Dash in June. I don't know how my sister talked me into this, but I realized Saturday that running for an hour, correction TRYING to run for an hour, is very different than dancing for an hour! I think I made it about a half mile of actual running nonstop. We did a lot of walking. I learned I need a long-sleeved running shirt. And to always wear something over my ears (earphones do not count as a wind deterrent and my ears ached horribly after twenty minutes). But we walked from the mouth of Provo Canyon to the Riverwoods and back. We'll see how I do on our next "run." Heather is very patient!

The boys and Justin went to the priesthood session last night for LDS General Conference. I made Texas sheet cake (it was amazing) for treats once they got home and Justin brought home ice cream. Yay for treats!

Sunday:  We stayed in our pj's all day listening to General Conference. Loved it! There is something about listening to inspired servants of God that calms my soul, gives me direction for the next six months, and helps me put my trials in perspective. 

I also read three books -- Chasing the Prophecy by Brandon Mull (good read! Pretty good conclusion to the trilogy); All Clear by Connie Willis (Amazing!! Can be kind of tricky to follow, though); and Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl (meh. I'm curious to find out what happens to Lena and Ethan, but not interested in spending any more time in that world).

1 comment:

Sherie Christensen said...

Great sum up! It sounds like you are doing awesome things like usual. You're terrific!