One of the very few upsides to the inversions we have nearly constantly had this winter is seeing frost crystals coating everything outside in the mornings. Something interesting to me is the frost doesn't uniformly surround each twig. There wasn't any wind last night, so I don't know why it forms on just one side. These photos were taken near my home:
I love this barn.
These crystals formed on the flowering pear tree next to my driveway.
Getting the pictures was a little hazardous. I put my feet down on the snowbanks along the roadside, only to have one crash through the surface up to my knee several times. And my driveway is its own hazard right now, with a thick layer of ice spreading out two feet from the garage door. We have deep snow on the lower roof still, with a seven-inch-thick lip of ice at the front edge of the roof. That has produced the most amazing icicles. Bronwyn, Liam, and I have all leaned out the upper windows of the house to try pushing as much snow off the roof as we could reach. I don't know if that will help, but it makes me feel better. I don't dare try to put up the ladder against the eaves to try scraping snow off because there's only ice underfoot.
1 comment:
A lady in our ward commented that this weather manages to make even a barbed wire fence look beautiful! Derek and Kayli got up on our roof to try to get rid of some ice dams. I'm glad I wasn't out there watching!
Post a Comment