We've been busy with school activities and Halloween...
Owen and some of his friends following their fall choir concert. Owen had a solo in "Ave Maria" by Bieble, which he sang beautifully. He's got quite a rich bass voice. We beg him to show off his low range by singing Sher Khan's solo from The Jungle Book. I've finally gotten used to the sound of his voice now it's done changing. For the first year I would feel startled hearing him speak from somewhere else in the house or on the phone.
Evan didn't sing; he had to stay there at school so I didn't have to make separate trips to pick him up and then go back later for Owen's concert. Evan didn't mind at all having the chance to hang out with his buddies. They get each other laughing and they can't stop!
Now that this Halloween has passed we'll be down to one trick-or-treater here next year. Liam loves the Artemis Fowl books and he chose to dress up as Artemis himself. If you're unfamiliar with these exciting YA fiction books they're appealing to both boys and girls. I'm the one who got my kids hooked on them. Artemis is a 12-year-old Irish schoolboy genius who has figured out how to connect with the underground faerie world and turn it to his financial advantage.
Bronwyn and her friends decided to dress up as masquerade queens, all inspired by this mask I've had in our costume trunks (we love costumes around here). She was determined to have a fancy gown to go with it and we looked at patterns to sew one. What she really wanted was going to be too expensive in time and money for me to justify sewing, so we decided to check out Hale Center Theater Orem's costume shop to see about renting something. This dress is what we found and Bronwyn was thrilled. And renting? It was a fabulous price and easy to do. They've got a great selection. What a great last trick-or-treating costume for her. She's aged out of that for next year.
Speaking of Halloween, it was almost lonesome. Bronwyn and Liam went off trick-or-treating through the neighborhood, Evan and Owen went to friends' houses for fun and games, and Justin was at his mom's, leaving me here by myself! It was just a little weird. But the weather was amazing -- 75 degrees, a record. The mild temperatures meant that all of the cute little kids were able to show off their costumes and enjoy going door-to-door.
1 comment:
I have to admit I let Annalise go trick or treating this year (she's 13). But, my stipulation was that she had to wear a costume. I didn't really understand why she wanted to go as I was done with it all by the age of 11. I guess finding a costume was just too much for me. :)
Post a Comment