Monday, August 8, 2011

May I Be the Fly on the Wall?

I love movies and I love books. I love seeing books I like being turned into movies. And I love reading about or watching bonus material telling about the process of taking a book and making it into a movie. Knowing how the special effects work or the effort to get a certain take just right doesn't spoil the magic of the film for me. Instead, I find usually I enjoy the scene even more knowing what went into creating it. I love the details of creation. When I go to the Shakespeare Festival in Cedar City (which everyone should go to at least once in a lifetime -- be careful, though, because you will likely be hooked!), I try to go to the costume seminar and the props seminar because the details change each year.

With that in mind, I highly recommend Shannon Hale's blog right now. Catch the link on the right-hand side of this page. She is on set in England as her book Austenland is being filmed. Her commentary on the whole experience is interesting and funny. I just re-read the book again. Can't wait to see what they do with it.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I've been enjoying Shannon Hale's blog lately too!