Friday, August 28, 2009

A Present for a Nine-Year-OId

I got inspired this week. I have three large bins full of fabric just waiting for the right project. Some people stockpile lumber, nuts, bolts, and nails. I stockpile fabric for Someday. In this case I thought of something for Bronwyn. She likes to put aprons on for keeping her Sunday clothes clean (what a thoughtful child) and she likes to help me in the kitchen. I'm trying to encourage a bit of kitchen independence too. So I made up my own design for this apron. The fabric was originally given to me when I was young by a great aunt I barely remember now. The front is a rose color, while the back is a dark maroon (that was for another project). The pockets are lined so I could fold them back for fun. Instead of buttons I found I had some glass beads to use instead. Now if I can just stand to wait until her birthday to actually give it to her.



3 comments:

Anna said...

soooo darn cute! good job, anna!

Susan said...

Very cute. I'm sure she's going to love it.

Jenny said...

Cute apron.