Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Happy Birthday Grandmother!

My grandmother passed away seven years ago, and I still miss her. Today is her birthday. I think she would have been 95 years old. Some of the flowers I have planted in my yard are ones she loved and had in her yard, and I even have starts of some iris she gave me. She loved roses and iris, among other flowers. And every time I prune my fruit trees (or anything else!) I think of her. She was (in)famous for pruning her tree in her front yard very hard every year, to the point we were sure it would never live. It always came back, though, lush and beautiful. Grandmother loved pretty things and cooking for people too. She was a gracious, generous woman. There are so many things I learned from her. I hope to make her proud. Love you Grandmother! Happy Birthday.

No comments: