Thursday, October 9, 2008

Catching Up V: Baptism Day

This is the Picture Spot at our house. B. declared that she was in love with her dress. We took the time to french braid both sides to keep her hair under control. And she came downstairs delightedly showing off her off-white Sunday shoes that had been AWOL for some time.

Always have to have the Dad with Child before the baptism! B. was so excited for this day. She'd been kind of giggly in her interview with the bishop, but today she was just happy.

Justin and B. walking into the baptismal font room for a pre-service orientation. I wish I had caught them walking down the hall together but I couldn't wake up my camera quickly enough. The principal at B.'s school was also baptizing his son that day, and so he took a moment to pop in for B.'s actual baptism since his ward went well before ours. It was nice of him to take some time to be there for her.

Clean! And wet.

I told you about the fun nail polish for her birthday party? Well, two days later we held a toe-nail painting party in the back yard. This is what she requested for her toes, peach and lime green! She quickly changed out of her dripping clothes after this, and I think I may have rubbed off some skin as I vigorously rubbed her down with a towel to help her warm up a little bit.

It was a beautiful, sunny, temperate day. We had a potato bar in the backyard that took a bit of a turn when we came to realize that the potatoes hadn't gotten cooked in the oven while we were gone. Somehow the lock on the oven door had been latched and so the oven got confused over whether it was supposed to cook or clean. So it did neither and turned off. Sigh. My mom and sister-in-law Keli quickly helped the situation by stripping potatoes of their tinfoil coats and started cooking them in batches in the microwave. There was no point in any tears or getting cross about anything, because there was so much help and people were patient and having a nice time visiting. O. and his best friend came to the rescue again by taking some potatoes over to his friend's house and cooking them in the microwave there. There was plenty of food for everyone and we had a lovely time visiting outside in the yard. B. had a wonderful day too, and we all collapsed after our guests went home. Okay, well, I collapsed on the couch and ignored whatever video gaming/movie-watching/running around/tomfoolery that went on for about two hours.

1 comment:

Kobe Family said...

Such sweet pictures! She is such a pretty girl.