Saturday, November 30, 2013

Payson Temple Tiny Bits

I've had these pictures to share for a couple of months now. They were taken right after the angel Moroni was placed on the spire tip in early October. I like being able to see details up close. I think the windows are going to be beautiful, and I love the carved stone details on the columns and trim. Here is some of what I found...

View from the northwest

View from the southeast. The parking lot is all ready to go.

Love the shape of the spire. The cupola reminds me of the Duomo in Florence, Italy.

I think it's a floral design in the windows. These were the only windows we could see that day.

Our "Duomo" cupola.



All of the little stone carved details remind me the many beautiful buildings I saw in Europe.

1 comment:

Sherie Christensen said...

I loved that first picture! We are so blessed to have this temple being built here. I'm really excited! Have a great day!