It is also a busy month for violin students. I did another Saturday of accompanying beginning Suzuki students as they performed for some teacher/judges too.
And this coming week I will be judging concertos for another piano teacher colleague and friend of mine in her studio.
And that's just the music stuff!
Here was a cool activity my youngest got participate in ... a living wax museum in which each child in the class chose a historical figure to learn about and then have a "recorded" blurb to recite for each visitor. Can you guess who Liam is?
If you guessed Neil Armstrong you would be right! We couldn't find a biography of him in the school library or the local library (that ought to be changed!), so we had to rely on internet research to piece together Liam's blurb.
Liam also got to participate in RADKids, which is an awesome self-defense program for children. This was "graduation" in which the kids had to face a police officer decked out in protective gear and use their skills to get out of several different stranger scenarios. Liam was certainly enthusiastic!
I've been driving past the gutted Provo Tabernacle on University Avenue for several months now. All I could see was the concrete-reinforced shell and the six turrets set along the north side of the property, wrapped in plastic. I wondered when they were going to get busy on actually doing something. Imagine my surprise when I took my niece, Camille, to the little post office to turn in her passport papers and caught sight of what HAS been going on with the building from a different angle. The level of the temple has not perceptibly changed, but now it is entirely on tall stilts. Construction crews have excavated down another level for quite a large space around the bottom now. It's an engineering marvel to me.
| Beautiful Camille. She is working on her mission papers. |
Aside from the engineering marvel and my awesome green fleece jacket, there's another reason to look closely at the picture above as you compare it to the picture below. Besides an awful lot of dirt missing, there is an awful lot of hair missing. Yup. I went to my favorite stylist (who teases me about coming in for my yearly haircut) and got many, many inches removed. Aaaaahhhhhh. Hopefully the Locks of Love people won't mind the grey strands throughout the beautiful brown. I will miss this color when I go grey. Actually, I don't think I'll mind the grey. It's the half-way there phase that I'm not looking forward to.
2 comments:
oh my word your hair was sooo long! guess it's been a long time since i've seen you! i've always loved your hair. and your eyelashes. you're such a pretty aunt :) another blog friend recently posted about her daughters 'wax museum' project. i love that idea and i love that liam was neil armstrong. and also i'm a tiny bit envious of your head start on your seedlings. one of these years i'll get it together. this was certainly NOT the year i was going to have garden stuff going by this time. next year maybe? love you and your fam!
My hair is changing too. I keep finding more and more grey hair. Sad, because I like the color of my hair. Also sad because I got bifocals last week -- but also happy because now I can see again!
Post a Comment