June has been a busy and in some ways, a very hard month for us. It's been tough for me to make the time to blog, especially because I try to keep my posts positive. My husband lost a job he loved and it's been a scramble figuring out how to deal with that because this decision doesn't just affect our family. It's an ongoing discussion that has taken so much time and energy. His health is still very poor. Still, there are children to raise, chickens and bees to care for, a church calling to fulfill, and a piano studio to run. Thank heavens for amazingly supportive family and friends. I hope you know who you are and how grateful we are.
Anna and Liam on a train ride at his school pioneer walk to a local pond (I know. Sneaking end-of-school pictures in here!)
Evan playing in his end-of-the-year orchestra concert
Owen plays a viola/violin duet at BYU French Camp's closing program
Justin, Bronwyn, and Liam at the Cold Spring Trout Farm
Bronwyn catches a trout! (You can start humming Schumann's "The Trout" if you like)
Liam swings his trout onto the bank. Can you spot it on the end of his line?
Evan enjoys the fly fishing pond. There was lots of mossy stuff in the water
One of two duck families. Notice the enormous trout in the water. The other duck family had older, bigger ducklings.
Owen lands his trout on a fly rod
We really enjoyed the Cold Spring Trout Farm in Ogden. The grounds are beautifully kept and the fishing was fun. We took a picnic dinner to eat before we got the rods out and ate in the shade of an enormous tree that looked like it had been there since 1924 when the farm first opened. There are ducks that wander around enjoying the various ponds, including a baby trout pond containing four-inch trout. We watched the pond waters roil as employees tossed out handfuls of fish pellets to the fish in each stone-lined pond. I spent time practicing my fly fishing as well. I do pretty well with a nice cast, but landing a fish? That's my downfall. I actually got one on my line and got so excited I pulled too hard and snapped leader line. :( Rats. Have to confess, though, that I was pretty pleased with myself that I even got something on those tiny fly hooks!
2 comments:
Hugs to you and your family! I wish the best to you all. Good luck and God bless!
Sorry to hear about the job. We've been keeping you in our prayers, and I hope that we'll see you again soon.
Post a Comment