Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Duh, and a Quick Review

Okay, so I use my brain enough to know that peeling an orange while sitting at my computer is a bad idea. I just learned that peeling an orange within ten feet of your computer is still a bad idea. I attribute any typos in this post to sticky spots on the keyboard. UGH.

I started and finished Mr. Darcy's Diary by Amanda Grange over the past couple of days. I think I'm on something of a Jane Austen kick here, or at least a Jane Austen genre kick. I thoroughly enjoyed Shannon Hale's book Austenland, which I mentioned in my last post. Mr. Darcy's Diary covers the story of Pride and Prejudice from his viewpoint via journal entries. The author does a lovely job of keeping to period language and customs throughout her book, and I enjoyed her interpretation of Darcy's turmoil and attitudes. Reading this book makes me want to go back and reread Austen's book all over again. Gee, another book to add to the stack.

I have a blog to recommend: Ann Cannon. She used to write a weekly column for The Deseret News, but for whatever reason (unspecified by her or the DN), she left there and is now writing weekly columns for The Salt Lake Tribune. I enjoy her wit and perspective on life, particularly her perspectives on raising boys. Teenage boys are a mystery to me, having grown up with sisters. I crave any insight I can get!!

3 comments:

Sherie Christensen said...

Your post turned out fine even with sticky keys. I enjoy hearing about your book reading. I understand why you don't want to move your piano for new "brown ground". We are having a similar delimma with wanting to do our bedroom. Too much stuff in there.

Lauri said...

Wow. Aren't you the Miss Bookworm? Keep those reviews coming, love reading them. Mr. Darcys point of view would be so fun to read.

Ann said...

Anna, thanks for the nice shout out. I'm always happy to connect with a fellow Anglophile.

Best wishes!