Owen chose to go to the youth Halloween activity as a BYU fan who accidentally sat in the Utah section of an athletic event and got beat up. I used eyeshadows and fake blood to create his costume.

Liam is supposed to be a Jawa from Star Wars. If my dad were home I would have had him help me rig up some pinpoint lights for glowing eyes under the hood. I think Liam is waving a dead glowstick that is supposed to be a light saber (although I don't know any Jawas who would even know what to do with a light saber...). Evan is a ninja army guy. Bronwyn is a fairy. I made the skirt and headband. Walmart made the wings. We weren't sure trick-or-treating was even going to happen this year thanks to Mother Nature. There was thunder, lightning, and a major downpour that quit just in time to allow about two decent hours of chilly doorbell ringing.

I filled Bronwyn's hair with braids and knots and loops. You can see the lovely weather through the windows. This is about 5:30 p.m.

The sparkly fairy from the front:

The material for Bronwyn's skirt are fabric remnants from BYU's ballroom costume closet (they had a sale years ago in which they sold off remnants and costumes. Couldn't afford costumes, but I bought fabric).

Liam is supposed to be a Jawa from Star Wars. If my dad were home I would have had him help me rig up some pinpoint lights for glowing eyes under the hood. I think Liam is waving a dead glowstick that is supposed to be a light saber (although I don't know any Jawas who would even know what to do with a light saber...). Evan is a ninja army guy. Bronwyn is a fairy. I made the skirt and headband. Walmart made the wings. We weren't sure trick-or-treating was even going to happen this year thanks to Mother Nature. There was thunder, lightning, and a major downpour that quit just in time to allow about two decent hours of chilly doorbell ringing.
I filled Bronwyn's hair with braids and knots and loops. You can see the lovely weather through the windows. This is about 5:30 p.m.
The sparkly fairy from the front:
The material for Bronwyn's skirt are fabric remnants from BYU's ballroom costume closet (they had a sale years ago in which they sold off remnants and costumes. Couldn't afford costumes, but I bought fabric).
2 comments:
Nice costumes, I especially like Bronwyn's fairy costume.
Wow. You get into Halloween a lot more than I do. You're kids are lucky I guess. Mine went trick or treating with Dad and Uncle Quinn and cousins -- therefore it was great.
Post a Comment